Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Welcome to the Red berry cottage

     The Red berry cottage was originally built back in 1932.  The story goes that it was built by a man for his parents.  In the 1950's it was sold for $500 to a group of 10 men for a hunting cabin.  That's when it got it's name; The Red berry hunting camp.  Many years passed and the camp was left to two cousins. It had been on the market for five years; that's when we found it. The minute I saw it on the web, I knew I wanted it.
     Ever since the kids were little (they're 29 and almost 31 now) we've wanted a place upstate of our own. I dreamed of having a cute little cottage decorated in red and white. Long before Pinterest existed, I had a folder of magazine pictures of what I wanted my cottage to look like. So here we are decades later and we finally bought a place. The Red berry Camp has a new name; The Red berry cottage.  She's rough, but she's gonna be beautiful.  I'm pretty sure the house smiled when I told the realtor I thought it was a gem and I was going to restore it. Follow along with us as we begin our journey of restoring the Red berry cottage.                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment